Slow Cooker Old Fashioned Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
Thanks to the slow cooker, all you have to do is prep a little bit in the morning to enjoy tender, juicy, old-fashioned barbecue beef sandwiches for dinner.
- 3 pounds beef brisket
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Tomato Paste
- 1/2 red onion, chopped (save the other half for slices)
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 Kaiser rolls
- 6 dill pickle slices
- Trim all visible fat from brisket; place it on a cutting board and rub with pepper. In a slow cooker, combine brown sugar, tomato paste, chopped red onion, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, water, chili powder, mustard and salt; stir well. Add meat and cook for 8 hours on LOW.
- Remove meat from cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded meat to slow cooker and stir well to coat with sauce. Spoon meat onto rolls and top with pickle and onion slices.