Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
You can use light or dark brown sugar, depending on your preference. (Dark brown sugar will impart more molasses flavor to the dish.) Serve this dish over cooked rice with a side of green beans.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick spray
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Treat the crock of the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken and the onion to the slow cooker.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, mix together the orange juice, marmalade, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Pour into the slow cooker. Stir to combine the sauce with the chicken and onions. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.