Slow Cooker Organic Chicken Taco Bowls
This delicious dinner is loaded with tender slow-cooked chicken, rice, sweet potatoes, corn, black beans and tomatoes.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄3 tbsp. organic chili powder, divided
- 1 tsp. organic ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. organic paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. organic onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 3⁄4 tsp. organic pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 organic sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp. organic olive oil
- 1 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 2 cups organic brown rice, cooked
- 1 can (15 oz.) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup organic corn
- 1⁄2 cup organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a slow cooker, add chicken breasts, garlic, 1 tablespoon chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and water. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 4-6 hours, until the chicken breasts’ internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and use two forks to shred chicken.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Add sweet potatoes and toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon chili powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- Divide rice, black beans, chicken and sweet potatoes into bowl. Serve topped with corn, tomatoes and cilantro. Refrigerate leftovers.