Slow Cooker Party Mix
Not only is this snack a welcome crowd pleaser at just about any party, itʼs fun to munch on at home, too. One variation for party mix is to sprinkle it with freshly grated Parmesan cheese immediately after you spread it out on the baking sheets. If you prefer a more robust flavor, use hot sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce and use chili powder in place of the garlic and onion powders.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup mini pretzels or thin pretzel sticks
- 1 cup peanuts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¾ tsp. fine sea salt
- Add the cereal, pretzels, and peanuts to the slow cooker. Stir to mix. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Pour over the mixture in the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Cook uncovered on high for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and, stirring frequently, continue to cook for 1 hour or until the cereal is dry and crisp.
- Divide the party mix evenly between 2 baking sheets and allow to cool completely. Store in a covered container for up to a week.