Slow Cooker Pilgrim Dressing
Make your own version of this to use with leftover turkey, ham, stuffing, or cranberries after the holidays.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 12 cups dried bread cubes
- 2 tsp. minced sage
- 1 tsp. ground marjoram
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Sauté the onion and celery in 1⁄4 cup butter in a pan over low heat until the onion is soft, then add the garlic and continue heating another 10 minutes.
- Mix the bread cubes and herbs in the slow cooker. Add the onion mixture and cranberries. Mix well.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup butter and drizzle it over the bread cube mixture. Stir the eggs into the broth, then pour the broth over the bread cube mixture while stirring.
- Cover and heat on a high setting for 1 hour, then on low for 3 hours. Stir every hour.