Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Admittedly, it’s a trick to invert this cake onto a serving plate. If you’re worried about it, simply allow the cake to cool, cut it into 8 slices, and serve it from the crock of the slow cooker. Invert each slice as you place it on the dessert plate.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18 oz.) yellow or butter cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed pineapple
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Treat the bottom and sides of the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Pour the butter into the slow cooker, lifting and tilting the crock to evenly coat the bottom. Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Carefully spoon the crushed pineapple over the brown sugar, and then pour in any juice remaining in the can.
- Carefully pour the prepared cake batter over the mixture on the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. If the cake is too moist on top, remove the cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve.