Slow Cooker Plum Sauce
Plum sauce is often served with egg rolls. Itʼs also delicious if you brush it on chicken or pork ribs; doing so near the end of the grilling time will add a succulent glaze to the grilled meat.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups (about 3 lbs.) plums, pitted and cut in half
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Add the plums, onion, water, ginger, and garlic to the slow cooker; cover and, stirring occasionally, cook on low for 4 hours or until plums and onions are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to pulverize the contents of the slow cooker before straining it or press the cooked plum mixture through a sieve.
- Return the liquefied and strained plum mixture to the slow cooker and stir in sugar, vinegar, coriander, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and cloves. Cover and, stirring occasionally, cook on low for 2 hours or until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.