Slow Cooker Poached Chicken
Use this moist, tender poached chicken in any recipe that calls for cooked chicken. It is especially good in salads and sandwiches.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 3 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs.)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and halved
- 1 large leek, halved
- 2 medium onions, peeled and halved
- 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the chicken into an oval Dutch oven. Arrange carrots, leek, and onions around the chicken. Add the water, bay leaves, thyme, and rosemary. Cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Discard the vegetables and remove the skin before eating.