Slow Cooker Pork and Beans
Fry bacon and then cook onion and garlic in its flavorful grease. Mix the cooked bacon, onion, and garlic with canned pork and beans, and a sweet-tangy sauce in a slow cooker. Let the slow cooker do the rest of the work until everything is soft, rich, and succulent.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 oz. each)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (28 oz.) pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. mustard
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat the bacon until almost crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, but not browned, about 3 minutes. Pour into the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cut pork chops into 1-inch pieces and scatter over onion in slow cooker. Add the pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard and stir well. Lay bacon over the top of mixture, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender and mixture is blended.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.