Slow-Cooker Pork Posole
Posole is a spicy Mexican stew made from pork and hominy. This version is made in a slow cooker. For a milder version, use plain diced tomatoes instead of tomatoes with green chilies. Try serving it with shredded cheese, diced avocados, sliced black olives, pico de gallo, pickled jalapeños, or sour cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. lean cubed pork
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 oz.) cubed potatoes, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, not drained
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Add all the ingredients to a greased 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.