Slow-Cooker Pork with Plum Sauce
A slow cooker can be a lifesaver for busy cooks, and come in a variety of sizes and prices.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cooked shredded pork
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. grated ginger root
- ⅛ cup apple juice
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp. dried thyme
- ⅛ cup Asian plum sauce
- ½ tsp. arrowroot
- In nonstick skillet treated with nonstick spray, stir-fry pork, garlic, and ginger for approximately 2 minutes.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, combine remaining ingredients to make a slurry; pour over the heated pork, mixing well.
- Cook in a slow cooker over heat until mixture thickens and juice is absorbed into pork, approximately 4 hours.