Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Pop all of the ingredients into the cooker at 9 a.m. and by 5 p.m. you’ll have a meal fit for royalty. The slow cooking renders the vegetables toothsome and the beef tender, which is just what you want when you decide to splurge and have some red meat. Serve each portion with a generous spoonful of the delicious herb-infused broth and partner this dish with sautéed dark leafy greens.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried savory
- 1 lb. baby potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3½ lbs. beef bottom round roast
- Set slow cooker to low. Pour in broth, wine, garlic, pepper, mustard, celery seed, basil, marjoram, oregano, and savory and stir to combine. Add potatoes, carrots, and onion and stir. Last, place roast into the pot and flip several times to moisten.
- Place lid on cooker and simmer 8 hours; turn roast several times if possible. By the end of cooking time, meat will easily pull apart and vegetables will be fork tender.
- Plate beef with vegetables and broth. Serve immediately.