Slow Cooker Potato Lasagna
Try this unique recipe for a delicious change of pace for lunch or dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 oz.) shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes (about 3 lbs.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 oz. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses with the eggs, pepper, basil, and oregano. Set aside.
- Spread about 1⁄3 cup of marinara sauce into the slow cooker to cover the bottom with a thin layer. Top with a third of the sliced potatoes, overlapping if necessary. Spread half of the cheese mixture on top of the potatoes. Spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the cheese.
- Layer another third of the potatoes over the sauce. Top with the remaining cheese mixture and another third of the sauce. Layer the remaining potatoes over the sauce and top with remaining sauce, making sure that all the potatoes are coated.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours until the potatoes are tender. Serve with a sprinkle of Pecorino Romano cheese.