Slow Cooker Potato-Leek Soup
Feel free to omit the alcohol from this recipe and replace it with an additional 1⁄2 cup of vegetable broth.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 small leeks (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced, divided
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add 2⁄3 of the leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the sautéed leeks, potatoes, broth, wine, water, and salt. Cover and cook over low heat 8 hours.
- Allow soup to cool slightly, then use an immersion blender or traditional blender to process until smooth. Serve with a few strands of the remaining leek and a sprinkling of black pepper.