Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
You will love how your house smells when this is slow cooking. Feel free to use chicken if you don’t eat pork. Serve warm in wheat-free buns or tortillas.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup gluten-free beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pork shoulder (5 lbs.), boneless or bone-in
- 1 cup wheat-free barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. wheat-free soy sauce
- Place the onions, garlic, and broth in a 4–6-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, chili powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, and oregano and mix well.
- Pat the pork with a paper towel and rub the prepared mixture all over it. Place pork on top of broth in slow cooker.
- In the same small bowl, mix the barbecue sauce and the soy sauce. Stir to combine. Pour on top of pork, making sure the mixture is spread evenly on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and allow to cool slightly. If using bone-in pork, discard bone. Place pork in 9" × 13" casserole dish.
- Shred the pork using a fork. Add additional barbecue sauce and slow cooker mixture if you’d like.