Slow-Cooker Pulled-Pork Sandwich
To cut calories, eat the pulled pork without the buns or on a bed of lettuce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pork shoulder roast (2 lbs.), fat removed
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue seasoning
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz. steak sauce
- 4 low-carb hamburger buns
- Make shallow slits in the skin of the roast. Stick whole cloves into the roast and rub it with barbecue seasoning. Put the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker and top with onion slices. Cover with water and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker, discard onions, and remove cloves from pork. When pork cools, pull the meat apart with your fingers, removing any fat. Return pulled meat to slow cooker and add steak sauce. Heat on low heat for 1 hour.
- Divide meat between hamburger buns and serve.