Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pork shoulder becomes velvety tender when cooked in the slow cooker.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 10 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1½ lbs. shoulder pork roast
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 bag (8.5 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 6 large sandwich rolls, split
- In bowl combine vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- In the bottom of a 4–5 quart slow cooker, sprinkle the onion. Top with pork roast. Rub roast with cayenne pepper and paprika. Pour vinegar mixture over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until very tender. Remove meat from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker, add chili sauce, and cook for another hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, and dill. Toss with coleslaw mix until thoroughly coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Layer buns with the pulled pork and coleslaw. Serve immediately.