Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Ale Soup
Use sugar pumpkins for this recipe, not the big Jack-O’-Lantern-type pumpkins. You can also substitute two cans (15 ounce) pumpkin purée for cooked pumpkin.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 3⁄4 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) pale ale
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the cooked pumpkin, onion, garlic, salt, and vegetable broth. Stir well. Cover and cook over low heat for 4 hours.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly. Process about 1⁄2 the soup in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth with some chunks. Add the beer, and cook for 1 more hour over low heat. Sprinkle with black pepper before serving.