Slow Cooker Pumpkin, Butternut Squash, and Sage Soup
Capture the flavors of autumn with this rich and flavorful pumpkin, butternut squash, and sage soup made in a slow cooker.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Place the sage and bay leaves in a piece of cheesecloth and tie closed with kitchen twine.
- Place in a 6-quart slow cooker with the pumpkin, squash, onion, broth, and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Remove the sage and bay leaf bundle and add the soy milk. Blend with an immersion blender until very smooth. Garnish with black pepper.