Slow Cooker Red Lentil Soup
For this flavorful soup, cook red lentils with sautéed onions ginger, and garlic, lemon juice, and spices in a slow cooker. Serve with crispy bread sticks or crusty bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups red lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp. salt
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.