Slow Cooker Red Pepper Coulis
This versatile sauce is easy to make in a slow cooker. It is delicious drizzled over cooked vegetables and tofu. You can also slather it onto bread as a sandwich spread.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened soymilk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sauté shallots and red peppers for 3–5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and cook on high for 2 hours. Using an immersion blender, purée the sauce. Store in covered containers in the refrigerator.