Slow Cooker Red Wine Beef Stew
A little bit of wine goes a long way in flavoring this simple one-crock meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup red wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 lb. small potatoes, halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 2" cubes
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pour the wine and water into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the potatoes, carrots, fennel, onion, and garlic. Stir.
- Arrange stew meat evenly over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Garnish the stew with parsley before serving.