Slow Cooker Rice and Vegetables
This dish has all of the elements of a stuffed peppers recipe without having to go to the extra step of stuffing the peppers.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 lb. ground pork, browned and drained
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice, pork, onion, celery, red pepper, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika, allspice, cinnamon, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add the meat-rice mixture to the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and add the lemon juice. If needed, add additional water or broth to bring the liquid to almost the top of the solid ingredients. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.