Slow Cooker Roasted Beet Salad
Fresh roasted beets are delicious—and beautiful. They are a wonderful addition to salads, or even just as a snack with sea salt. To make for an even prettier presentation, use yellow beets as well.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large beets with beet greens
- 3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Remove greens from the beets and reserve. Place each beet in a large square of foil and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil tightly.
- Place the beets in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker and cook on high for 3–5 hours.
- When the beets are fork tender, unwrap them and let them cool.
- In a medium skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the greens and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the raisins and balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Using a paper towel, rub the beets to remove skins. Thinly slice the beets and fan into a large circle on a platter or serving plate. Mound the warm greens mixture in the center and top with almonds.