Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic and Tomato Sauce
This tasty sauce is made in a slow cooker using roasted garlic and fresh grape tomatoes. To roast whole heads of garlic, cut off the top quarter of the head and discard. Drizzle exposed garlic cloves with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Cook in a 400˚F oven for 45 minutes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2½ lbs. fresh, grape tomatoes
- 3 heads garlic, roasted and cloves removed from peel
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, purée sauce. Store in covered containers in the refrigerator or freezer.