Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Bisque
You can substitute an extra cup of vegetable broth for the white wine in this soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all of the ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for 6 hours.
- Cool the soup slightly and remove the bay leaf. Process in a blender or using an immersion blender.