Slow Cooker Seafood Stock
This recipe calls for using the shells only because the amount of time it takes to slow-cook the stock would result in seafood that would be too tough to eat.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. shrimp, crab, or lobster shells
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Add the seafood shells, onion, lemon juice, water, and salt to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Strain through a fine sieve or fine wire-mesh strainer. Discard the shells and onions. Refrigerate in a covered container and use within 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.