Slow Cooker Shrimp Masala
This is a simple fish curry that can be made with any seafood. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly. Ghee is a clarified butter that is commonly used in Indian cooking. You can buy it at some supermarkets, Indian markets, and online.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tbsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 3 green cardamom pods, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup Indian curry paste
- 1 can (10 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the black peppercorns and cardamom. As they sizzle, add curry paste. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the tomato sauce and salt. Add up to 1 cup of water depending on how thick you want the gravy. Cover and cook on low for 2 1⁄2 hours, or until the masala simmers down to a thicker sauce.
- Add the shrimp. Stir well. Cover and continue cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.