Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
The longer you slow-cook Sloppy Joes, the more the flavors develop.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 12 hamburger or soft sandwich rolls
- Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking apart the meat as you do so. Remove and discard any fat rendered from the meat.
- Stir in the oil and onion; sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is transparent. Transfer the cooked ground beef and onions to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or longer. Serve on hamburger or soft sandwich rolls.