Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs
This easy sauce cooks all day while you’re away. At dinnertime, all you’ll need to do is cook the pasta.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ packages (1 lb.) Italian-style frozen meatballs
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) spaghetti
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place meatballs, onion, garlic, carrot, basil, and crushed red pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover with pasta sauce and tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until sauce is bubbling and meatballs are thawed and hot.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and serve with spaghetti sauce and meatballs; top with Parmesan cheese.