This main dish is designed to keep you out of the kitchen! Make these delicious ribs for visiting friends and relatives, parties, or potluck dinners. This recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd, and cooking instructions will remain the same.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 50 minutes
- 4 lbs. pork spareribs
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- 1 bottle (16 oz.) barbecue sauce
- Heat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and grease the broiler rack with oil. Sprinkle ribs with seasoned salt and pepper; cut into smaller portions of about 3 or 4 ribs each, slicing between ribs.
- Place ribs on the prepared rack and broil about 4" from heat for 25 minutes. Turn ribs occasionally.
- Transfer spareribs to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker along with onion and barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours until pork chops are tender.