Slow Cooker Spiced Cherry Punch
The apple and orange juices add natural sweetness, but you can also stir in some sugar to taste if you prefer a sweeter punch. Have dark rum or other adult beverage available for those who wish to add it to the punch.
Serves: 14Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups (2 quarts) apple cider
- ½ cup tart cherry juice concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1½ tsp. whole allspice berries
- 1½ tsp. whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra for serving
- 1 Tbsp. aromatic bitters
- Add the apple cider, tart cherry juice concentrate, water, and orange juice to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Add the allspice berries and whole cloves to a muslin spice bag or a piece of cheesecloth that has been rinsed and wrung dry; secure with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the juices in the cooker.
- Add the cinnamon sticks. Stir in the aromatic bitters. Cover and cook until very hot but not boiling, about 4 hours on low.
- Remove the spices in the muslin bag or cheesecloth and cinnamon sticks from the cooker. The punch can be kept at serving temperature by setting the slow cooker on low, keeping in mind that the flavors will become more concentrated the longer the punch is uncovered and on the heat. Serve in punch glasses or mugs garnished with cinnamon sticks.