Slow Cooker Spicy Seitan Tacos
Use this Mexican-style seitan filling to stuff soft taco shells, burritos, quesadillas. It's also also great as a topping for tostadas, nachos, or taco salad.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) seitan, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- To a 4-quart slow cooker add the olive oil, seitan, garlic, tomato sauce, chili powder, chipotle powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Stir, cover, and cook on high heat for 1 hour.
- Scoop seitan mixture into taco shells and top with cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Serve immediately.