Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Serve this warm dip with vegetables and sliced French bread as an appetizer or for lunch.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- ½ medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add flour and stir until smooth and incorporated.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Serve warm.