Slow Cooker Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Sun-dried tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene, a micronutrient shown to be associated with cardiovascular health benefits and disease prevention.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz.) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 1½ tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. dried fennel seed
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.