Slow Cooker Sweet Beet Dip
Serve this colorful dip with crunchy bread sticks, crackers, or toasted pita chips.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium beets (1½ lbs.), ends trimmed, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker, cover, and cook on high for 5 hours, or until the beets are tender.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer cooked beets to the bowl of a food processor. Puree, adding just enough of the cooking liquid to create a smooth consistency.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with bread sticks or crackers.