Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Sandwiches
These flavorful slow cooker pork sandwiches take very little hands-on time and make a perfect weeknight meal.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 16 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 2 cans (12 oz.) cola
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) sliced green chilies, drained
- 1 bottle (15 oz.) all-natural enchilada sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 10 hamburger buns
- 10 slices American cheese
- Combine pork, 1 can soda, and coconut sugar in a large covered container. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove pork from the marinade and place in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Discard the marinade.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together remaining can of soda, garlic powder, salt, water, green chilies, enchilada sauce, and honey.
- Pour sauce over the pork in the slow cooker and bake for 8 hours on low.
- After pork has cooked, shred the meat with two forks and stir the sauce to cover the shredded pork pieces. Let stand uncovered for 10 minutes while the pork soaks up the sauce. Scoop a spoonful of pork onto a bun and top with a slice of cheese.