Slow Cooker Sweet Potato & Beef Chili
Let your crockpot do the work tonight! This slow simmered chili combines sweet potato, beef and a collection of warm spices to create the ideal comfort meal.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 container (32 oz.) beef stock
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until crumbled and browned. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in sweet potato, stock, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic, tomatoes and black beans. Cover; cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. At the last 10 minutes of cooking, stir in corn.
- Serve with cheese, cilantro and sour cream.