Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Kidney Bean Chili
Cook sweet potatoes, red kidney beans, aromatics, and spices in a slow cooker to make this hearty and delicious vegetarian chili. Serve it over white rice for a complete meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups long grain white rice, cooked
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add all ingredients except the lime juice and cilantro. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Before serving, stir in the lime juice and garnish with the cilantro. Serve over rice.