Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chili
Serve this chili with warm flour tortillas or baked corn tortilla chips. It’s good topped with a dollop of guacamole and sour cream.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn with peppers, drained
- 1 can (29 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Fry beef over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard any rendered fat. Treat the slow cooker with nonstick spray and add the onion, red pepper, and browned beef.
- Stir in the undrained beans and corn. Pour in the tomato sauce and stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.