Slow Cooker Texas Chili
Texas chili is traditionally made without beans. You can add some if you prefer it that way. Serve this dish with cornbread and a tossed salad.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. bacon, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 lbs. chuck roast, cubed
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut in 1" pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- Add all the ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker, and stir to combine. The liquid in your slow cooker should completely cover the meat and vegetables. If additional liquid is needed, add more water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.