Slow Cooker Tofu with Pineapple and Walnuts
This sweet and tangy dish is great with rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 oz. extra-firm tofu, cubed
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup snow peas, ends trimmed
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 3 scallions, sliced thin on the bias
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté the tofu until lightly browned on each side. Add to a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water, brown sugar, tamari, pineapple juice, and ginger until the sugar fully dissolves. Pour into the slow cooker over the tofu.
- Stir in the chunks of pineapple, snow peas, and walnut halves. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the lid and cook on low for 30 more minutes. Serve with sliced scallions.