Slow Cooker Tomatillo Salsa
Make this fresh tomatillo salsa in a slow cooker. If you like your salsa spicy, make it with the jalapeño seeds. Eat it with tortilla chips, in tacos, or as a sauce with grilled poultry, fish, or eggs.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place the tomatillos in a 4-quart slow cooker with enough water to cover them. Set the slow cooker to high and allow the tomatillos to cook for 1–2 hours or until tender. Drain the tomatillos.
- Place the tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt in a food processor and purée. Add water to loosen, if necessary. Store in covered container in the refrigerator.