Slow Cooker Tomato, Carrot, Zucchini Soup with Penne
Make this tomato-based vegetable soup in a slow cooker with penne pasta and fresh basil.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 6 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. penne rigate, cooked
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, add the garlic, diced and crushed tomatoes with their juice, celery, onions, carrots, broth, and tomato paste, zucchini, and basil. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and pasta before serving.