Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf
Instead of making the meatloaf entirely from ground turkey, you can use a combination of ground beef, ground pork, and ground turkey.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 7 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Add the ground turkey, onion, celery, garlic, eggs, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper to a large bowl; mix well with your hands. Form into a loaf to fit the size (round or oval) of your slow cooker.
- Line the slow cooker with two pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil long enough to reach up both sides of the slow cooker and over the edge, crossing one piece over the other. Place a piece of nonstick foil the size of the bottom of the slow cooker crock inside the crossed pieces of foil to form a platform for the meatloaf. (This is to make it easier to lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker.)
- Put the meatloaf on the foil. Spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the ketchup. Place the bacon over the top of the seasoned ketchup. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf registers 165°F.
- Lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker and place it on a cooling rack. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes before transferring it to a serving platter and slicing it.