Slow Cooker Turkey, Spinach and White Bean Soup
Seasoned only with sage, a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper, this slow-cooked soup explodes with flavor. Packed with carrots, spinach, dried white beans and ground lean turkey, it's a healthy soup that is as good for you as it tastes!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 6 hoursTotal: 6 hours 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup dried white beans, soaked in water to cover overnight
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine beans, turkey, carrots, onion, sage and broth; cover. Cook 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low until beans are tender. Stir in spinach; cover. Cook 10 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.