Slow Cooker Vegan Brussels Sprouts
Brown Brussels sprouts in a skillet before adding to a slow cooker with vegan butter and fresh thyme. Slowly cook the sprouts until tender.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add Brussels sprouts to pan in a single layer. Do not move for 2 minutes, or until leaves begin to brown. Flip and brown the other side.
- Transfer to a 2-quart slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on high for 2½ hours or until Brussels sprouts are tender.