Slow Cooker Vegan Carrot Cake
Ice this cake with vegan cream cheese frosting, or glaze the cake while itʼs still warm.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Grease a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a food processor, add the bananas, granulated sugar, and butter. Process to cream together. Transfer to the flour mixture. Add water and grated carrots. Stir to combine. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared slow cooker and spread evenly. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or until cake is firm in the center and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center. Turn off slow cooker and let cake rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake and cool on a cooling rack. Dust top of cake with confectioners' sugar before serving.