Slow Cooker Vegan Chili con "Carne"
This vegan version of chili con carne is made in a slow cooker. Vegetarian meat replacement can be found in many large grocery stores.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen veggie burger crumbles
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. chipotle powder
- ½ Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.