Slow Cooker Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cook broccoli, potatoes, and onion in a slow cooker. On the stove, make a vegan béchamel sauce and stir it into the hot soup to make it thick and creamy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place the broccoli, potatoes, onion, and vegetable broth in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 hours or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Use an immersion blender or traditional blender to purée the soup until smooth.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir to form a roux. Slowly add soymilk and whisk until smooth to form a béchamel sauce, about 3 minutes. Stir béchamel sauce into the soup. Stir in salt and mix well.